Friday, July 21, 2006

Oh yeah! Its the weekend!

Yippe yippee ya ya! Its Friday, and much rejoicing is happening around me! In Paris, we used to know its Friday if there was no client in office after 3:30 PM!! It seems our company has also adopted this and my India office also becomes empty by this time in the afternoon! Hmmm.. so what am I still doing here?

Am just gathering my thoughts of the past week or so... each of them is not big enough for an individual post, so I thought I'd compile them.. so here goes some randomness -

Discovery of the week! - I accidentally found a new radio station on frequency 95.00 FM, which plays non-stop music with NO ad breaks and no RJs khit-phit!! And it plays both English and Hindi songs, and sometimes 'Hinglish' ones too! Only thing is that since there are no breaks, I don't know the name of the station! Anyways, its a good discovery :-))

I am amused - Himesh Reshammiya keeps me guessing... since every song of his starts in the exact same way, I don't know which song he's about to sing till the lyrics start, and sometimes not even then!

I wonder - When was the last time u were going somewhere (by train, plane, car, bike), and you let the road take over your consciousness, and smiled to yourself for no particular reason, swayed to the music and moved to the beats of a latest Bollywood song (I have to get Worldspace for more variety!)

I also wonder - why do bikers zig-zag through the traffic? is it because no one taught them cycling when they were kids and so they can't keep their balance?!

I listen - to romantic songs on the drive to office on a nice, rainy (drizzling actually) morning and love it, esp if I am alone! ...

I dislike (immensely) - a day at work when there is nothing to do the whole day, and just when you decide to leave early (6:30 or so!), you get work and so much of it that you have to be in office till real late! As you may have guessed, that's what happened to me, yesterday.. today ofcourse I am free to do my own thing coz its Friday!! :-))

I like - drinking chai at a thellawalla's on a nice pleasant evening, maybe raining, maybe not..

I think - someone out there has really influenced me to like the rains.. hmmm.. this can't be happening to me, the greatest rainy/cloudy weather hater, who dislikes having to get out of bed on a rainy day.. and I am thinking of romantic songs and chai on a 'drizzling' day! Ummm..

I don't think - I'd ever buy a Merc.. hmmm.. but I think this one should be a dedicated post.. for later...

I have noticed - that most women know how to dance well.. and sing well too.. is it God's general gift to us? Is there such a thing as gender bias as far as 'talents' are concerned?

Would you rather - be sexy or be sweet (not mutually exclusive, but anyways)? Actually, would you rather be called 'funny and sexy' or 'talented and presentable'.. does such a distinction even exist?!!


I'd rather - make you laugh than make you think... hmmm..

I feel bad - that my bro thinks my job is 'boring, redundant, monotonous and uncreative'... even if it is!

I need to learn - that PR is very important in all aspects of life, personal and professional.. hell, even in ur dance class u need to be PRing with your instructor so that they give u the required attention!

I was called - witty by a friend, and humourless by my bro! one would wonder if they were talking about the same person! I guess its all mood dependent!

I actually sulked - when someone told me that according to the Hindu calendar, I am not a Scorpio! I actually felt bad.. it felt like I had lost some kind of an identity!

I suggest - I go home now, before I start rambling a bit too much and before I miss picking up my cousin from the airport..

Have a great weekend! Hopefully by the time we get back on Monday, we won't have to use workarounds to access blogspot!

P.S: I just have a lot of time on my hands.. thats the only explanation I have for this post! :-)
P.S 2: Just checked my blog again and it seems access to blogspot is back, so we don't have to wait till Monday! Yippee, another reason to rejoice! :-)

6 comments:

BD said...

nice blog...and about Himesh Reshammiya - I agree completely.

Have a nice weekend!

Y? said...

ya I wish Bangalore had a radio station with just music and no radio 'khit phit'.
I've linked to you. keep blogging..:)

Still Searching said...

lifeasithappens... thanks, am glad you liked it.. and this line, it shows i'd rather be called funny (witty) than highly intellectual, but am not sure if that's good!

equilibrium.. thanks, the weekend was great.. welcome to the blog, first time u're commenting on it i think.. and yeah, i also cant make out the difference between Mika and Himesh!

y? thanks for linking my blog.. 95 FM rocks! I've been expecting the worst (Govt ban on good things is not uncommon these days!) but nothing's happened to it yet, so still enjoying pure music.. and their playlist is much better than Mirchi etc..

i'll have another one said...

love how it captures how you think and feel.Even though i dont know how you think or what you feel.

candid diary said...

Bikers consider zig-zagging through the traffic very macho >: ( :
God is biased towards feminine gender as far as talents are concerned. He is male, after all :-))
Ur bro is not fit 4 ur job.
Blanket ban is back (may be not in all ISPs). I am using a proxy server right now and as long as these proxy servers are working I am not feeling sorry for being in India.

Still Searching said...

pranavbal... yup, i guess it does speak volumes about me, my thoughts, my inclinations and beliefs.. if u read in between the lines..

candid diary...
bikers cause a lot of trouble on the road, esp taking turns without indicators
agreed about the feminine bias.. God just couldn't help himself I guess!
I'd probably hate seeing my bro doing my job! wouldnt want to put him through it!
thank god i can still access blogspot.. would feel little lost without it!