Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I'd like to

Fall in love...

Its been very long. a few years maybe. since I felt that way... this morning I've been in a great mood, been humming a nice song, been smiling more than usual, been more confident that I can handle life, been more relaxed and trying not to let some things happening in my life unfaze me, eager to meet the next turn in my life, eager to meet someone to share the joy with!

I'm crazy... by evening the cynic in me will let me know that I was just dreaming this morning, and bring me back to reality, but for the moment, I'd like to fall in love.. I'd like to have a smile on my face thinking about something 'he' said (not necessarily flattery or praise of me, I am not a fool - anymore)... I'd like for us to watch a DVD at home, sitting with our arms around each other, sharing a laugh or two, playing with my hair, cribbing about how silly girls are when they get emotional in a movie and still wiping my tears when I cry at the end (which I inevitably will, no matter which movie it is!)... I'd like to take a walk, not hand in hand, but still very much together..

And the funny thing is that almost never do you get these thngs in a real relationship!! So that's why I dont want one! Its just a feeling thats in your head, the romance, the love etc etc.. when a real human being enters the picture, things are not so rosy.. which is why I'd rather be single.. but still be in love.. (how does that make sense?!!)

The thing about saying 'I'd like to' have something is that u don't need it, u just would like to have it.. if its not there, nothing is missing.. but if it is there, then its just another happy aspect to your life.. what is nice about 'growing up' (and getting rid of the idea of 'puppy love', gifts and valentines) is that you don't need someone to complete you, u're already content and u'd like to share the joy with someone, anyone, who understands why u're smiling... spread the joy u feel inside for being alive, for being blessed with so many things, for being who you are and having accepted yourself like that, for having lost weight and looking good.. hehehe.. so many reasons to smile every day, and u'd like to have someone who would 'listen to that smile' because it says so many things!!

By the time I've published this post, I'd have already gotten over my day dream, for sure.. a momentary lapse in control and u're thinking about doing ur own version of one of those romantic ads u see on tv, but I'll let myself be foolish for just one moment... imagine the walking-on-air feeling, the radiant smile and some handsome hunk too good to be true!! :-))

Hehehe... funnily enough, I'm just so happy today (for no particular reason, let me remind you) that I'd let myself think I'm Ms. Universe today, about to meet the man of my dreams!!!

(God forbid a guy really 'enters the scene' and ruins the perfect picture!! Hehehee..)

28 comments:

Manish said...

Enjoi while it lasts...dont think what will happen later.

satyajit said...

u know sometimes it's best to just leave it at the foreplay..the sex isn't worth it (metaphorically of course :))

Brazenhead said...

Interesting read. May I make a suggestion? try to use standard English spelling and avoid the SMS speak ("u" instead of you etc.) which will make the writing come alive more. I am quite worried about this trend among everyone. You have talent, so I thought I would offer this suggestion.

Anonymous said...

wow... what a thought :)
so how long did it last?

Still Searching said...

`manish
Hehehe... thats right, I did enjoy the feeling while it lasted.. now the dream's over and am back with my feet on the ground :-)

`satyajit
Hehehehe.. makes sense :-)

`vibhor
Hi.. yup, reality can be quite mundane... I guess thats why people like to watch movies.. takes them into a fantasy world for a while atleast!!

`brazen head
yes, I agree and also find it disturbing that these days one finds quite a few people writing in pseudo-code! I dont usually do so, except with the 'yous' towards the end of the post, when I'm impatient to get to the point!!:-)... thanks for the compliment, btw!

`anon
hmmm... lasted till about 4 in the evening :0! But I re-read the post this morning and ended up smiling again! Hehehe.. I'm quite crazy!

manish said...

did you watch a romantic 'chalchitra' recently ??.....hope you enjoyed living in your utopia :-)

Itchingtowrite said...

the feeling is definitely heady. later we start calculating everything against the money, time, schedules.. the pure, unadulterated romance goes for a toss

Still Searching said...

`manish
it was good while it lasted, yeah... i'm 'normal' again! actually i didnt watch a movie, but i did see an ad on tv, and that was probably something that was the seed of this reverie!

`itching to write!
hmmm.. unadulterated romance... that phrase perfectly summarizes the idea in this post :-))

candid diary said...

Aajkaal Paon Zamin Pad Nehi Padte Mere.
Tumne Dekha Hain Kabhi... Kisiko... Udte Huey?

But I came down after seeing the word verification.

zoxcleb said...

somehow this post has that affect on people... :-) (referrign to ur reply to anon!)

Dewaker Basnet said...

its 12.35 a.m. working round the clcok can be a little stressing..just punch in blogger and try to check a couple of blogs to break away the monotony..
and lo what stares me..somebody writing a cute little piece on falling in love and being happy for so may reasons and no reasons at all...felt good, made me smile..thanks for that:)

The last line was particularly sweet ;)

CandidConfessions said...

Does that ring a bell!
These feelings, Oh well!
Are what often i would love to dwell
Alas! But they dont sell!

Still Searching said...

`candid diary
nice poem... verification? umm... i didn't get it..

`zoxcleb
yeah, it does make one smile thinking of such day dreams :-))

`dewaker
great to see the post brought some cheer to someone's life :-)) the last line was a warning to myself, lest i tempt fate with this post!! hehehehe..

`candid confessions
hey, do i see a cynic somewhere? yup, i know what you mean, and back in this real world, thats how it is.. although sometimes its nice to lose yourself a bit :-))

Zee said...

what a nice blog! it's actually a matter of how long the "luv" has been..... the 1st few months are always so magical......u're learning something new everyday, he pampers u, ur heart skips a beat everytime.....then later on in life it's comfort of being with that person, someone to lean on, someone who understands u.....the type of magic changes but u still do feel so in luv......it's like u're always on a high......minus the alcohol!! :) hmmmm...... i wish i'd be in luv again.... and u know that song from kal ho na ho.... kuch to hua hai.... it's so so true when u fall in luv!

Still Searching said...

`Zeeee!!!
Had no idea u had such a romantic side to you! Cool! U're right ofcourse, about the song and the idea of love.. 'kuch to hua hai'.. that is probably the best description of what I felt that morning (there was/is no guy though, as u know!)... btw, high w/o alcohol? tsk tsk, doesn't sound like u! hehehehe :-)

Kishley (Dolly Sapra) said...

:) lovely post.. absolutely dipped in love and served with love.. hehe.. falling in love always a nice nice feeling :)

- Aye Davanita said...

"what a wicket thing to do...

to make me think of you...

nor aiiiiiiii... wanna faall in love"

- Chris Isaac

Still Searching said...

`kishley
yes, perhaps it's still like i imagine it is!

`aye davanita
...this love is only going to break my heart...

BD said...

Well well, itz really nice and true.

And hey, you cry watching emotional scenes eh? LOL...

Good that you don't like to go for a walk hand in hand...itz so dumb. I mean the other person doesn't know the way or what?

Finally has 'the man' entered the scene?

Mukesh Marwah said...

very well written...and hopefully rainy day...good stuff easy to read....

candid diary said...

Please consider removing the word verification in comment space. You may delete unwanted comments and spams, any time.
Btw the song is from an old movie called Ghar.

jairaj said...

Nice.

Anonymous said...

Dont "go" for it. Just let it "happen." It'll be more beautiful then. I've never been in it but I guess it is.

Btw, "it" = love.

@Equilibrium,

"Good that you don't like to go for a walk hand in hand...itz so dumb. I mean the other person doesn't know the way or what? "

ROTFL! Point!

Still Searching said...

`equilibrium
yeah, i cry for every emotional scene in any movie!! its like second nature, and people around me actually wonder if i liked the movie at all if i dont cry at some point of time during the film! .. hand in hand.. naaah! btw, no man has entered the scene yet, and on most days i prefer it like that!!

`mukesh and jerry
thanks :-)

`candid diary
i know word verification is cumbersome, but in the end it saves a lot of one person's time in deleting spam etc if every person spent an extra cpl of seconds... so pls bear with it, for the moment atleast! :-)

`atlantean
totally agree that one shouldn't go looking for love.. btw, how is it that u say u have never been in love?! there must be something u have been in love with, even if its not a person! like music, cricket, football, rajma/sambar, computer games etc etc!! :-))

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I love many things in this world. But I am yet to fall in that love :D

That love is something more than simple love, atleast that's what I believe ;p

Still Searching said...

Oh yeah, THAT love is much less simple, yet I think it gives the same rush, excitement and anticipation as do 'other kinds of love'!! Hehehehe..

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruchika,

I wasn't visiting you blog & you might know the reason of that.

But anyway, a relationship can't create problems when it two souls meet instead of two minds because if you are identified with your mind which means your ideas/thoughts etc. you are bound to have conflicting relationship & if you live more in your feelings, there are more chances of having a very fulfilling relationship.

but only if you give someone a try. ; - )

Cheers, Rohit

Daroga said...

oh... u just pricked the troubled nerve

:P