Thursday, August 17, 2006

I prefer multiple choice :-((

Hmmm... I've always been a sucker for filling up questionnaires.. I go anywhere and my frds/family shove the 'feedback form' at me - restuarants, shopping malls, cellular service companies etc etc.. I'm like their 'model' customer, even giving suggestions if I am really up to it! Hehehehe.. well essentially i like multiple choice.. choosing between this and that, thinking for more than one sec before ticking off whatever came to ur head first anyways, and ofcourse love filling up my company's employee satisfaction survey!! But, thats multiple choice, multiple possibilities, when u just have to choose something based on, mostly, ur mood! Isn't that how most things are in life too? U just have to decide between 2 (or more, if u're not too lucky!) choices u have, and take what u, at that point, think is better.. and then live with it.. but when u have to make ur own road... thats different.. someone's not handing u the choices on a silver platter, they're making u create those choices urself.. ummm.. now that sucks! Inertia, lack of imagination, boredom, risk averseness.. many things can make u hate this predicament.. u have to think of something that 'defines' u, and make ur own road..

Why all this pondering? I've been
tagged. Probably couple of years back, this 'self-discovery' process would have excited me and made me really think about who I ,etc etc.. but its not that exciting now.. Why? I am not sure.. is it coz I don't know who I am anymore (having changed so much I dont recognize myself)? Or is it that I have never done things which have been imposed on me by someone else?

I was never the "fearing 10 yrs of bad luck, hence forwarding the siddhi-vinayak chain mail" kind of person, so I don't feel bound by any risk-perception to write this post.. but just for the heck of it (and becoz the person who tagged me didn't "mean any harm"!), I'll go ahead.. So.


I am thinking about starting my own business some day.. one day.. when I've mustered enough courage to 'make my own road'..

I said something which I didn't mean, and I keep doing that!

I am someone who has risen above the circumstances in my life, and would not like to be defined by them, however much it may be so sub-consciously!

I am also a bundle of contradictions, as a person.. most people have a predominant side to them which appears with most people, most of the time (apart from the professional/personal life divide).. but me, I contradict myself any number of times during a given day! I could be called 'serious' by some, 'funny' by others, 'senti' by some, 'outrageous' by others, 'conventional' by some, and 'spaced out' or 'unorthodox' by others.. these facades (they are all me, though) I guess depend on who the person I am interacting with is! There are people who don't even know the other side of me exists! But, I get the feeling this is also true for most of us..

I want to know where I'll be 6 months from now, and I want to know it now.. it doesnt mean I am seeking astrological predictions.. but curious to know how all of it will turn out this time!
(I also want to stand on the edge of a cliff and shout as loudly as possible!)

I wish I wouldn't forget the names of people I have met and places I have seen

I love 'doing my own thing', love my independence, and love the remnants of the conscientious person I used to be!

I cry when I am too angry, hurt or mad to express myself any other way.. and ofcourse, in every movie.. if i dont cry in a movie, it generally means the movie was really really bad (i end up crying in funny movies too, laughing too hard that i have tears in my eyes!)

I hear that little voice in my head, and it either ruins my day or gets me through it!

I wonder 'what went wrong?', and sometimes 'what went right?'


I regret 'putting myself down' in the other person's eyes, when i really didn't need to.. most people will not venture to say "no, u're better than that".. they'll just say "ok, I also believe that u are incapable" and then go on to either ignore u, make fun of u or tell someone else about it!

I confuse those who can't understand my (infamous) mood swings.. this usually happens with only those who are close to me.. others don't want to dig deeper and don't care, I guess!

I dance
at the smallest pretext

I sing to myself


I am not always short-tempered. There are times when I can be very very patient with people, however rare and far-between these times may be!

I write coz I have ideas in my head that I want to put down on paper..

I need to lose weight!


And now, let me 'spread the cheer', as Chandler said (in a season 8 episode of Friends).. I tag The Vestige, Life as it happens, Candid Diary and aRbiT..

9 comments:

satyajit said...

i m curious abt the lineage of this string..i was tagged sometime back and now i wonder how many ppl have been tagged after that and also if its the same string cos a few items have been changed..

there should've been criteria for likes n dislikes or fav movie dialogue or even fav word

Still Searching said...

I am not sure if its the same string.. but like most other things in this world, this must also follow the principal assumption behind 'Chinese whispers'... and that is - if there are humans involved, then its all down-hill from there on!

I think fav movie dialogue would be nice.. mine would be "you make me wanna be a better person", from 'As good as it gets'!

candid diary said...

Should I thank you?
I deserved it anyway for writing all the bull s* in my blog. I have placed reply in my next post.

Still Searching said...

For the record, its not bullsh*t on ur post.. and well, these are just one of those things u probably pass on due to sadistic pleasure! hehehehe.. apologies again! am waiting for more bashing from the others i have tagged!

Anonymous said...

hopped to ur blog thru candid diary....nice blog...u write well....stand on the edge of a cliff and shout..u bet..cant get the child out of me :).....keep writing...n keep smiling :)

Manish said...

Most people prefer multiple choice. It is much difficult to think of a correct answer, but very easy to strike off the wrong ones.

Still Searching said...

Saikat
Yes, its quite a liberating and exhilirating experience to let urself go and shout! I did something like that when I was bungee jumping.. was amazing! (read my post on bungee jumping on http://discovering-lifes-flavour.blogspot.com/2006/07/was-it-good-for-you.html)
Thanks for the compliment.. nice to hear that you liked my posts...

Manish
Yes, I am sure that is true that most people would like to have the choices laid out in front of them rather than having to find their own possibilities.. and eliminating the wrong ones is much easier when it comes to real life decisions too! and the typical strategy used for giving the CAT exam!! :-)

Still Searching said...

Oh no, no no no no no!!! I can't be doing this!!! Not again! You're evil, candid diary!

Still Searching said...

`anshul
welcome to my space! good to hear you could relate to some of the stuff i've written and find it more positive than you mentioned before! how is it going? will come to s'pore anyways, HK is a little bit far east for me! Ching chow is not my cup of tea, as I've mentioned before! :-)) keep reading.. there's more to come..