Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mid year check?

Ok, I can see how my disappearance from blogger has become quite routine nowadays, but this time it was for a good cause... but before I launch into a description of what I've been upto, I thought I would do some mid-year stock-taking... remember my post from New year? Ok, here it is...

Since June is fast approaching, I thought I'd take stock of how many new year resolutions I've achieved, and how many I need to remind myself to complete! Since this is almost the first time I've made a list of things to do in the new year, I'm quite excited about seeing where I stand... so here goes:

I "pledged" to - learn a new language
I learnt 3 words in Spanish - usted, despacio and bien.. so now I can string together an entire "sentence" in Spanish - "Senor, usted drive despacio por favor, my sister pregnant, bumpy road no bien"

I "pledged" to - Get back to singing
I sang my heart out on my recent vacation... everyone avoided looking me straight in the eye after that! Hmmm.... not repeating this mistake again :)

I "pledged" to - Graduate from the bunny slope
Ummm.... I love bunnies?

I "pledged" to - Stop wearing shades of grey, black, brown and white
So now I'm wearing shades of green and blue most of the time... when I was packing recently, I realized all my office clothes were still black/brown/white, and all my "party" clothes were blue and green... hmmm.. I need some colour!!

I "pledged" to - Give more time to myself instead of my job, laptop and sleep
So now I'm spending more time on the phone!! Add reading to it. I have no tv, so nothing to substitute the laptop with! :(

I "pledged" to - Learn how to say no
Nope, definitely no progress in this area

I "pledged" to - Travel to a new country
And THIS I did!!!! I just came back from Peru yesterday! Was an awesome vacation, one which deserves a whole separate post, especially the jam... errr.. never mind,more later about that.. anyways this is my biggest accomplishment for the year! And the one thing on my list of to dos that I least expected to achieve! Clap clap!

I "pledged" to - Convey my love to my family
Still working on it

I "pledged" to - Stop crying in every emotional scene
I have now degenerated to crying while reading books as well! Sigh.


Btw, at the risk of sounding like an incurable romantic, here's the last song I sang and tortured everyone with:

Aankhen band kar loon, dekhoon bas tumhe
Khyabon mein hee keh sakta hoon apna tumhe
Rehne de mera yeh veham pe hee yakeen
Na jaa abhi
Pyar ke yeh raat hai, ab na jaa
Chhoti si ek baat hai, ab na jaa
Pal do pal ka saath hai, ab na jaa
Jaadu si yeh raat hai, ab na jaa...

This is one of the most romantic songs I know, thanks to Euphoria!! It's true, sometimes all you need is for someone to tell you "don't go"...

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peru! cool....do write soon about it...

n Aab Na Jaa...is one of my most fav songs ever!!

Daroga said...

no me entiendo espanol :P

Peru !! kya baat hai

"Ab na jaa" is indeed a marvelous song.. i love it.

Chaitali Patel said...

I have been wanting to do this too!!! See you soon woman!

IR said...

peru wow , thats exotic
you sing too !

cm chap said...

Ha Ha... As always fabulous post...

Don't worry.. I'm pledging for last few years that I wanna learn Dance. But nt even took the first step yet...

Learn how to say no - Very important one.. Pls do so at the earliest

S said...

Mid- year, pls pledge to write more .

Waiting for the post on Peru .....

nutty said...

welcome back!! long time no see!

see this is why I do not make new year resolutions :D koi fayeda nahi hota! but chalo at leats I know if I ever need to get you a gift all I need to do is look for some fun colorful "party wear" :)

hehe!

looking fwd to the post on your trip to Peru!

and you might want to correct the lyrics to "khwaabon" n not "Khyabon" :)

BD said...

Oh, you must try pink, yellow, white and red also.

Yes.I agree with the last line :)

Zee said...

ruchiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii am so glad u writing again!!!! such a cute cute post!!!!

who u been talking to huh huh huh huh huh huh huh?? all that time on the phone? huh huh huh huh huh huh? and i don't even get ur number for some reason??? &*^&&%^%^&*()(*)

mathew said...

PERUUU...wow!!
I love spanish flamenco dancers..tapas..and sangria more than the language!!;-P

looking forward to a travel commentary!!

CandidConfessions said...

Wow! You went to Peru?! It's my dream to do that. I am assuming you did the Machu Pichu trek. Write more about Peru please!

zoxcleb said...

u still have 6 months to get the rest! :-)
btw, all-new blog from me.

Gauri said...

Am not quite sure how I landed on your blog;) while surfing through some others...
But none the less..loved this post.
For all the annual plans i make, its great to know that there are others equally crazy who take a mid yearly review of the same;)
Keep up the writing !!

Still Searching said...

`tyro
;) back to you! :)

`illusion
cool! you have good taste! ;)

`daroga
yes, its a beautiful song! and u should visit places outside the west coast!! :)


`chaits
lol! what can i say!

`ir
yeah! i sing too! like in ratatouille, anyone can cook.. i'm thinking anyone can sing! lol

`cm-chap
u must learn how to dance!! i'm going to learn a new dance this summer, fr sure!

`s
i know you're also waiting for the rest of the 540 snaps! :)

`nutty
hahah!! yes yes, psychedlic colours are most welcome! i went and did some shopping this weekend and steered clear of browns and blacks :) proud of myself! oh, and yes the typo.. errr.. too lazy now!

`equi
yes, senti me and my last line!

`zeeeeeeeeeeeeee
lol! yeah writing after long! and yes ma'm u can have my phone num, if u're going to spend ISD calls on MOI!!

`mathew
lol! i can imagine that! well, peru isn't full of such "exotic" stuff... i'll need to go to spain or mexico for that!

`cc
i didnt do the trek, that takes 4 days ONE way! we took the train, bus and then feet! but it was great fun nevertheless!

`zoxcleb
thankfully dont have that much to cover.. i have new things on my list of things to do now! for summer esp! will check out new blog for sure

`gauri
great to have you stumble upon my blog and let me know there are others like me "out there"!! ;)

Daroga said...

u have been tagged :)

Nisha said...

nice try...and please...if u succeed in not crying at every emotional scene on tv/movie/novels...do let me know how to do it. its a serious problem and leads to a lot of embarrassment and don't ask me what not!! :D

Sach1 said...

nice concept thr..i mean i just happen 2 realize i need a mid yr chk 2...

n hey d song "ab na jaa" is awesum..evr seen euphoria in live??man they ll make u cry whn they sing it...
(in case u wud b intrstd 2 read more of it...do drop back :))

manish said...

And I'm pledged to NOT give complements to anyone anymore...By the way,you blog was good :))

Cuckoo said...

Happy for you... Machu pichu happened????? Write a LONG BIG FAT post on the peru trip pls.

How was C's trip? What didja guys do?

And hey, your resolutions ARe working out.... and pls to learn a language... it is great to try and master a fresh new language as an adult. Trust me on that!

Canary said...

i want to go to Peru too :( :(
and i have my own incurable romantic post up my blog!

Ram said...

wow...Peru...thats so awesome. I envy you already.

-Ram.

Indrajit said...

i love the song..
Reminded me of a line froma yesteryear's melody--
"abhi na jao chorkar , ke dil abhi bhara nehi."

Anyways , I welcome myslef back to ur blog and that You have also lessened blogging(like myslef) saves me frm updating myself with ur splendidly wrtn posts.

:)
Keep wriitng ..

Indrajit said...

So now I am left wth only 2 posts of urs and I am done wth them now ...

maitreya said...

wondering if you are in peru still, Now that's a vacation!!

U don't just blog these days, i am hoping you are taking down notes and are going to make up for the breaks soon.

Zee said...

where the hell are you!

Bullshee said...

Oh man, the Spanish "sentence" had me in splits!

Bullshee said...

Woah!I just noticed something. May 29th??? Where are you??

S said...

What?? No more thoughts and observations ??No more letting off steam ? Dreams ?? NOthing ........nothing at all ???

S said...

Can you not write about the recipe for khichdi and capsicum aloo ??

mathew said...

knock knock..mid year is over long time ago..;-D

Renovatio said...

Now I'm back. I don't like being back alone.

Amandeep Singh said...

wah wah wah..

jabardast yaar!