Sunday, April 22, 2007

I've often wondered about...

Whether Faith is weakness.. whether believing in a higher power who guides you through life is a matter of low self-esteem or there really is something to back it up... I wonder about this because I believe I have real faith... I'm not fatalistic, but I have faith in the saying that whatever happens happens for the good.. I have faith in my Guru... no, he's not performed 'miracles' like making things appear from thin air or making things disappear in one touch.. but I have faith, and tremendous amount of it, in the fact that he's taking care of me... and I have faith that whatever is happening in my life, I can't see the broader picture, but there is someone up there (or anywhere for that matter) who can.. he sees the bigger picture... and so the things that you can explain, the things that you can't control, you just leave it up to faith.. you do what you have to do, and leave the rest upto your faith that things will get better, and that there is a (solid) reason why something happens to you...

I have nothing to prove that faith, except that I believe in it.. and have believed in it for so long that I can't remember life without that faith... So then I ponder, is it my weakness that I want to double-check my life constantly with some 'higher power', or is it that such a higher power really exists.. I'm not advocating that someone on earth is God, I'm not propounding that one should blindly believe in what is not apparent... but then when one is educated, has a fairly reasonable 'thinking mind' and then one believes in concepts such as faith, God, guidance - then it can't just be lack of faith in oneself... afterall, 'God' isn't a person who you can talk to, God is an experience.. you experience the presence of a higher power through your life, if you watch close enough...

I'm wondering about all this because there are times in my life when I sit back and wonder about why certain things happened, why my life has been so tough and yet there has always been a silver-lining with every problem that came up... and my faith is reinforced after this...

But, I still have nothing to prove it..

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

you could mention your guru too. ;-)

S said...

Whatever happens , happens for good!!

Yeah , may be …

But then the bigger picture is soooooooo damn big ..you just don’t understand where your good lies in the entire scheme of things that HE ( if there is one ) has in his mind … So I guess you need FAITH …faith in somebody or something …
And that faith keeps you alive and going when things go bad and life seems tough !

Oh btw , another advantage of FAITH I see here ….I can kill somebody and not be guilty ..cos I have faith that whatever HE made me do is for my good only !!

Actually , this is where my confusion lies ..to have or not have FAITH !
Good that you have one ))

CandidConfessions said...

Everything goes wrong and yet there is a silver lining! That proves it all.. Whats more reason to have faith!

Zee said...

i think faith is what gets us by in life....gives us strength and gives us hope....
and it's not blind faith...whoever you have faith in, proves every now and then that you were right to have faith in them....maybe not everytime but enough to make u want to continue to have faith in them...
i honestly pity those who don't believe in someone/something...

Anonymous said...

Havent read a more boring blog....
Liven it up, miss...

R

Jeya Anand said...

Whatever I wished , it happened in my life ...
True...GOD is an experience ...It need not be proved ...

Prasoon said...

Reminds me of The Alchemist :)
Have faith, never lose it...

When things go wrong, with me - its like something that I had given a thought saying that "this" could also happen and so, whenever something odd happens - i accept it with a smile looking UP wondering why "that" was chosen. Anyways, I respect Murphy's Law and accept it all because as its said - there is a reason behind why anything happens in first place (considering that something better is in store or say, something worse was averted)

brandy said...

I think.. faith isn't what gets us by, it's the difference in being alive and having a life. One is a lot more richer and fuller. And I agree with Zee, I do feel sort of sad for those who can't find something or someone to believe in...

IR said...

i think we belive in "god" and like to blame him for all bad, expect him to help us during bad times ,even though everything that happens in life can be explained rationally.... faith i guess helps us control stress ?

Anonymous said...

and the point is?
This IS life right?
Almost every person thinks s/he has the toughest life possible; its all about what you expect and what you get and that life; what gets you thru could be as vague as living it to as certain as wanting to live it... anywyas my Q remains "and the point is?"

Incrediblyirrational said...

one sure needs faith. ironially the faith in the super-power or destiny and that "everything happens for good" attitude comes when you have lost faith in yourself

Anonymous said...

perhaps this will answer your question

http://freakinblues.blogspot.com/2007/01/life-is-getting-to-other-side-faith-is.html

Cool said...

Will say one thing only...
it's the faith which keeps me going in this life...