Monday, March 17, 2008

You're my favourite... mistake...

Of late, I've been singing this song aloud in my head (I know that 'singing aloud in the head' doesn't make sense, but its' just like when people say they have voices in their head... ummm... oops... maybe I've started off on a looney note.. let's restart)...

Of late, this particular song has been running through my head - Sheryl Crow's "You're my favourite mistake"... it pops into my head at the oddest of times, like its sending me a message.. like everytime I enter Macy's! It's like - I know it's all wrong to do any more shopping, but I still just got to do it... and it's not just during Sales.. sometimes I go during a one-day sale and buy stuff that's not on sale! (Mental note to self: duh!). Although I have over-shopped and saturated myself (sigh, never thought this day would come) and to my credit, I haven't bought anything - for myself - since New Year's (except 3 formal suits which burnt a big hole in my pocket - hey, I needed those! Dont say "Yeah right!"), I do still get that irresistible urge to just buy something, anything, every time I walk into the mall.. so I've had to physically restrict my movements nowadays! :) (Actually, that may be true of a lot of things... when you get an irresistible urge to do something, the only way to stop yourself is to physically restrict yourself from doing it, because your mind won't stop you all by itself!!)

So, the song pops into my head all the time - when I am eating a nice sinful chocolate brownie sundae, when I am in a shoe shop, when I'm eating nice hot garam pakodas on a rainy/snowy day, when I'm at an electronics shop checking out a Blackberry for my next buy.. sigh!

Anyways, talking about favourites, IR tagged me (back) and the questions ask my favourite movie, song, food etc... and since I've been lagging behind in the tagging business, here goes:

Favourite movie (one you can watch again and again) and why: This has got to be a tie between DCH and Sholay... DCH for being funny yet deeply emotional and moving at the same time, and Sholay for.... the same reason! I guess it shows the kind of person I am! Lol!

Favourite song and why: This I'd have to think about, because there are many, but I think I'll have to go with 'Nothing Else Matters'... why?? Because!!!

Any quirks: Many. But the biggest quirk is probably that I can't even read, let alone write, a badly formatted document or write up or post!! It bugs the hell out of me if someone asks me to review something for them, and I find it badly formatted, and with Times New Roman font!! Hate that one!! Pls forgive my strangeness!

Favourite food: I'm not a foodie (nobody laugh), and I believe chocolates and chocolate cakes don't count as "food", they're more in the "sin" category. So, I'm going to go with what I really want to eat right now, which is fettucini alfredo pasta :)

Any strange/funny childhood belief that you have carried with you? When I was 6 years old, I watched Sholay for the first time. When Amitabh Bachhan died, I howled and cried buckets of tears because I thought that he really died! To this date, I cry whenever AB dies or cries because I feel his pain!! Lol!

Your first lesson in life: will probably be my last one as well, because I never seem to learn... and that is to never have expectations from anyone, even people very close to you, because you will always be let down, and that's life. And sometimes strangers and least known acquitances will do something for you that will change your life. That's life too.

I don't want to tag anyone in particular, but whoever wants to do this one, please go ahead!

29 comments:

Niiyara said...

hehe. FOODIE! chocolates SO do count as food! It's the only thing I can cook. Cook = take out of wrapper and eat :)

Daroga said...

hehehehe
agar shopping nahin karni hai to mall mein jaane ka hi nahin :P

aur Times New Roman se kya problem hai !!!!

the lesson... well learnt :)

tag karna tha naa.... ismein sharmaane ki kya baat hai :P

jai ho

nutty said...

phew!!! ready for the scare?

fave movies - dch n sholay - me too!!! among a dozen others tho :)

fave song - I love "nothing else matters" but wouldn't say its my fave :)

fave quirk - i hate times new roman!! n i wrote also about my dislike for badly written stuff long back once!

n I completely agree with you about chocolate cake being the devils instrument!! ack!

but then again this is you ..so why am I surprised?! :P

S said...

CHOCOLATES..CHOCOLATE CAKES..CHOCOLATE PUDDINGS ..CHOCOLATE ICECREAMS..CHOCOLATE MILK/SHAKES...NO, they definitely don't count as "food" !!

APOO said...

God! Moi has same same quirk!!!

U might be my female version! Does that make you contemplate suicide?

Still Searching said...

`niyara
lol! guess staying alone is never going to help you at this rate!!

`adarsh
hehehe... haan wahi to, mall nahin jane ka.. except today when Ijust happened to shop for 200$ in 2 hrs! timesnew roman is the WORST!

`nutty
hahhaha! i am so not surprised either! yup dch and sholay are amongst the very many favourites, but they're at the top for quite a few years now...

`s
arre yaar! itni acchee list likh kar you have made my mouth water! grrrrr..

`apoo
i WAS contemplating suicide, but thankfully, since this Friday, I've got my life back.

Daroga said...

2 ghante mein $200 !!!! wo bhi 'just happened to' !!!!
hey bhagwaan !!!!
humse to itna bada paap hoyega hi nahin :P

IR said...

chocolate as food !
sholay is a very indian film , dosti yaari emotion and all that, interesting choice
i guess the best is that you cry with AB :-)

Zee said...

i wouldn't for the life of me have guessed nothing else matters....have never heard u hum it!
other than that...really cute post...esp the beginning :)

the3daymonk said...

Still searching??? Sounds like you found it all Chocolates... Movies... Strange noises in your head... (I meant the singing) you got it all.
Dang!!!

IR said...

i forgot to add, why is everbodys lesson in life always serious as if it is borne out of some bad experience ?

why doesnt anybody have nice ,pleasent lessons ?

Still Searching said...

`adarsh
again, i needed those things I bought! :) You forget btw, that you're on a student budget and I'm not :D

`ir
haha! yeah sholay is very indian, and i love AB... atleast his older movies! and hey, my 2nd lesson was pleasant!! but seriously, if you ask me... one doesn't truly learn something unless they've been through some pain for it, so thats why i guess lessons are usually learnt from bad experiences!

`zee
oh i love it! am sure when we hung out, must have sung it at TCs or something!

`dang baby
hahah! well, yeah, if that's what I'm looking for, I've defnitely found it :)

the3daymonk said...

@IR - IR say good things. IR very wise... I learn very good lesson, No pain. Man who drop watch in toilet, bound to have shitty time.

Nabeel said...

i cannot sing in the head .. whenever I feel a need to sing .. I sing it out loud .. usually in the car while listening to a song.

the3daymonk said...

@ Nabeel - Singing in car good. Always remember important point. Sing IN car. For man singing front of car get TIRED and man singing behind car get EXHAUSTED.

Cuckoo said...

Hey I hate Times New Roman too!!

BD said...

Strange childhood beliefs! :D :D

D said...

Oh, I know exactly how it feels to curb the urge to shop something totally unnecessary. But I've found a way apart from not going to too many malls too often: I've stopped carrying cash in my bag since the last week or so. And since I don't use cards, it's really helped. You have no money, you won't spend no money! Of course, I do carry just enough change to pay for the parking!

zoxcleb said...

shop-a-holic... :-P

u are right, chocolates arent food... they are delicacies that are common across all kinds of food cultures :-)

Still Searching said...

`dang baby
who dropped his watch in the toilet?! :))

`nabeel
yeah, when i'm alone in my car, i sing aloud... at other times, i am considerate to others and spare them :))

`cuckoo
so i'm not that strange!

`equi
hahahaha! yeah, quirkiness zindabad!

`d
it wont work for me unless i also leave my credit cards behind, but i cant step out of my house without them, i feel very insecure... hmmm... i need another solution!

`zoxcleb
u know, u never did explain why you use 'zoxcleb' :) haan, shopaholic is right! this whole week, i just shopped and ate lots of chocolates.. i'm broke and fat now!! hehhee

Mahogany said...

It's alright when you have a decent song running through your head; but when it's a dud it's just incredibly frustrating.

Wait - that wasn't what your post was about, was it. Oh well, I was here :-)

the3daymonk said...

'blog owner - Dang baby dropped watch. Lesson learnt hard way. Dang baby 'Still searching'. Dang baby say visit blog when free. If Leave comment then god bless you with many camels and tents.

mathew said...

Times New Roman..wow..i finally find someone having same syndrome.'Arial' anyday for me in office mails!!

zoxcleb said...

u never did ask! :-P

Amandeep Singh said...

A big Hello to ya pal!

how u ve been?


n I like ur post as ever...i know what u mean by the song playing out loud in the head...
ha ha...

i can see that happening to u..
like a movie!

Nice idea btw...u int..a movie on this concept?

Matangi Mawley said...

ha! good post!

Keshi said...

I love CHOCS!

come play the game in my blog ;-)

Keshi.

Ram said...

hey there...nice one. :)

Indrajit said...

And sometimes strangers and least known acquitances will do something for you that will change your life. That's life too.


how true ... :)