Sunday, May 24, 2009

Tip-toeing back...

It's been crazy few months. I lost all sense of time and place with the routine everyday life - work, the economy, the family, etc etc.. so many things have happened in these few months that I've been away from blogger, and yet nothing seems to have changed.

For starters, I still have my job, which is a miracle in these days! I am still in New York, still single, still happy, still loving it! The winter's over (yayay!), and spring has surprisingly done nothing for me this year... hardly like the romantic waves of sunshine which enthralled me earlier.. maybe because I was on vacation in India for most part of spring. Or maybe I am getting older and used to this (No, its definitely the former).

Anyways, it was great to meet friends and close family this time during my brief trip to India... (its always nice to be told how much weight you've lost, for example!).. and it was good to come back and find that I was missed.. Good to be moving into a better apartment soon, and good to keep up with your yearly - what do they call those - promises? (Ah! I am rusty with words now!).. Anyways, my mission for this summer is - whitewater rafting, skydiving and visiting a new city/state/country.. and one of them has already been fulfilled! Yesterday I went for my first whitewater rafting trip, and apart from witnessing massive ego clashes and much spinning around due to multiple instructions being shouted by the 3 men aboard (whilst me and the other girl with me were paddling frantically to keep the raft going straight ahead!), it went very well! There shall be more to come on that for sure!

Anyways, thought I'd keep this post short.. just trying to tip-toe my way back into blogger world... lets see how it goes...

P.S I've started to lurk (ahem, I meant catch up) on a few of my fav blogs.. will tip-toe my way into commenting as well soon...

17 comments:

Prasoon said...

good to see you back...
and I envy you for that white water rafting trip. Well, I have kayak'd though and fallen a couple of times that day but I still want to experience the same rapids on a raft. I guess topping in a raft is pretty tough though, no?

Skydiving - i wanna do as well. I so want to see NY too but I don't know if I can fulfill that dream this time.

Unknown said...

Good to have you back...

Goli said...

Good to see you back, I had even stringent new year resolution this year to visit one new city every month, but that is very difficult.. :)

hoping to see lot more blogs soon.

Daroga said...

Welcome back !!
me too had tip-toed back to blogger last month, but it seems that i am drifting away again :(
nevermind, the cycle continues !

S said...

What???????You are back?????

S said...

OK...You ARE back.
Good to have you back :-)

Amandeep Singh said...

Heyyy!

Long Long Time!!

How have you been

Neelu said...

Hey,
Its soo nice to see you here and to read your lovely blog.

I am not sure if you have retained any faces from our pre-historic Trivandrum training, but I am one of those. In case you are still not able to place me -think Ammu. Still can't remember - Ok focus now and think Ammu again & this time say it out loud...sometimes hearing your own voice can really help. Well, if that did not work, at least please pretend like you remember.

Welcome back to blogland and keep them posts coming!

cm chap said...

Heyyyyyyy.... Welcome Back.

Umpty number of visits to ur blog periodically.. Finally surprised whn I saw it has been updated. Glad you showed up. (Even thought of knocking your door whenever I was n NY :))

Cheers... My first thng for ths summer is Skydiving.. I wanna experience that thrill for longtime now. Lets c who is gonna do it first :)

Hope to see you more regular

Still Searching said...

`Prasoon
NY/skydiving/whitewater rafting - all great things to do! Say hi if you come to NYC!

`Chaitali
Thanks!

`Goli
One new city every month?! You have to be in a consulting job for that!!

`Daroga
No no! Come back! We can do this!

`S
Yes Ma'm! Am back, I guess!

`Standbymind
Hey! Good to be back, been a long time! Got to come by your blog soon..

`Neelu
Hey!! How you been?! Amu told me that you blog too, I got to come by your site soon! Good to hear from you :)

`Cm-Chap
Oh when were you in NYC? How was the trip?! Good to be back! Skydiving is a great "aim" for the year!

Vik Rajagopalan said...

LOL - so much for rafting and you and that friend should have been really under stress :-)..

Welcome back and good luck for getting one the remaining two things to be accomplished - you got another 6 months now. Go girl !

cm chap said...

Hope ur gonna be more regular from now on....

Well, NYC is 1 Hr away so any weeknd Im bored Im there :)

Zee said...

you're backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!! :) :) :)
don't tip toe....stomp right in!

maitreya said...

Good to see you back.. i had even stopped visiting your blog..

And you sure are rusty now.. this one was nothing like your style..

Indrajit said...

Hi, I thought I had commented here...

or it must have bneen th prev one..

Remember me! I used to visit ur blog a yr ago maybe... You might want to pay a visit and perhaps my blog wd ring a bell.

Indrajit said...

'Indr's angels'

Nice New Guy said...

...and where are you now, with that OLD post?