Thursday, February 21, 2008

Playing catch up...

Playing catch up seems to be the story of my life right now! Be it at work (how do you get work done when you're in meetings the whole day?!) or personal stuff like paying my bills, talking to friends, shopping, and not to mention blogging! In the midst of catching up with life, I forget to notice the smaller things in life, such as how beautiful and the bright the moon is every night (last night was a lunar eclipse here, and I failed to realize that the moon is usually much brighter than the muddy brown colour it had taken on during the eclipse!!), how fresh a crisp winter morning can feel, how comforting a warm hug can be and how good a warm chocolate brownie sundae can taste!

In the meantime, 2 people tagged me - Unpredictable and Adarsh.. Don't know if I can complete both posts today, given that I'm dying to hit the bed, so I'll start with the relatively simpler one - one which relies on past "wisdom" and does not call on my brain to churn out something new at this uncreative time of the day!

Post 5 links to 5 of your previously written posts. The posts have to relate to the 5 keywords given (family, friends, yourself, your love, and anything you like). Tag 5 other friends to do the same. Try to tag atleast 2 new acquaintances (if not, your current blog buddies will do) so that you get to know them each a little bit better. Don't forget to read the linked posts and leave comments!

Family: I've mentioned many of my family members in different posts, but I think the one that is closest to my heart is the post I wrote for my brother on Rakhee in 2006.. ofcourse, he had a look at it and nodded his head and grunted - all signs of acknowledgement that he knows I love him so much!

Friends: I've never dedicated a post to any particular friend of mine, and maybe I should, but here's something I wrote about a friend of mine who has been there with me through thick and thin for the past 7 years, and we're so much part of each other's lives, I think we are like sisters... And my post to thank all my wonderful friends definitely counts too!

Myself: Aaah.. must have written a thousand posts about myself!! But here are my favourites - when I grow up, the older and nicer me, cosmopolitans, a little girl and what I'd like to do..

Your love: This one is easy! My crush/love/lust!

Anything I like: Mumbai story, weekend stories and the music story!

Now, to pass this on...
3 known people to tag: Zee, Chaitali, Cuckoo
2 new peope to tag: Equilibrium and IR

19 comments:

IR said...

lunar eclipse should be good , winter morning feel ( when you have to work) is not good !

Daroga said...

padh liye almost sab. :)

mission accomplished :)

maitreya said...

"True to my nature, I’m not going to pass on this tag to anyone, just like I don’t usually forward chain letters"

Just read that in one of your posts.. things change with time.. and we don't even realise it

maitreya said...

k.. i hadn't read abt the older nicer you when i wrote the previous comment

maitreya said...

.. and cosmopolitans doesn't point to the right post !!

D said...

I sometimes feel that life's moving so fast, I have to rush through everything to catch up with it.

Fuzzy, the Ducky said...

Welcome back. I don't understand the tagging concept. Could you explain it to me?

S said...

Tasted...Appreciated ..Now fresh food , please !!

Zee said...

i realised u haven't mentioned me at all in the friends thank yous! hmph hmph!

CandidConfessions said...

That was a neat idea.. Read a lot of your posts that I hadnt read before..

Still Searching said...

`ir
winter morning feel is awesome! esp when you're all covered up and snug! lol! so will you do the tag?? I'll check your blog soon

`adarsh
awesome! :))

`maitreya
haha! yeah you're right... things change and we dont even know it... thanks for the heads up on the cosmopolitan link.. hope you enjoyed the post nonetheless!

`d
i know the exact feeling! and it shouldnt be this way!

`fuzzy
hey, long time since you came by! tagging is that - if someone tags you, then you have to write a post about the particular topic that has been asked (usually questions that you need to answer).. and once you've written the post, you need to pass on the tag to others so they write the same post... a bit like the "green touch" remains kids play in school, only deadlier!! haha!

`s
yes, new post coming up asap!

`zee
errrr... lets take that offline!

`candid confessions
lol! thanks! the tag is good for recap!

Ram said...

The start to your post reminded me of the W.H.Davies poem....
"What's this life if full of care
we have no time to stand and stare"

I love that poem so much. It was written sometime during the early 1900s but its so relevant even today.

-Rama.

IR said...

already did , i tagged you back ( is that allowed ? ) !

nutty said...

Good job!! well done!! It was fun, wasn't it? n I'm not too late this time see?! :)

BD said...

Read all your links. Great!

Will do the tag.

Chaitali Patel said...

hey want to write but do you link previous posts and people :)?

Vik Rajagopalan said...

sounds like a plan .. [:D].. why i say that, I guess in the end everyone is after some chase scenes in life ..

Take it easy and slow and hope to see some more action when you slow down soon.

Still Searching said...

`rama
thats a really nice poem!

`ir
no no, tagging back is not allowed!!

`nutty
oh yeah, i'm on time on this one too... which is more than i can say for the other tags i'm supposed to do! :(

`equi
awesome! I got to check out ur blog now...

`chaits
nice post u did for this! :)

`vik
haha! actually i'm not sure i want a slow down!!

moonstruck maniac said...

We always tend to overlook the signs that make up those small things of life. I caught a fleeting glimpse of the lunar eclipse; the london weather was not that helpful during those days.